How to complain?
Complaint resolution proceedingsHAKOM resolves passenger complaints regarding decisions of railway passenger undertakings only upon completed procedure with the undertaking, on the basis a written request for resolution of the dispute and appertaining documentation. If you are a passenger and wish to complaint to a railway undertaking's decision, it is necessary to follow the defined legal procedure, so that in case of an unfavourable resolution of the undertaking, you may request in written form a settlement of the dispute before HAKOM.
STAGE I - PASSENGER'S COMPLAINT TO THE RAILWAY UNDERTAKING
How?WRITTEN COMPLAINT with a clearly stated reason for the complaint
To whom?Railway undertaking — HŽ Putnički prijevoz d.o.o, Zagreb, Strojarska cesta 11
In one of the following ways:
- In writing to the address: HŽ Putnički prijevoz d.o.o.., Zagreb, Strojarska 11 or to the address of the competent regional unit to which the complaint or proposal relates (List of addresses for complaints)
- Electronically by e-mail: email@example.com
- Via the Book of Complaints (K-93 form) in each official place where the sale of transportation tickets is provided and within the prescribed working hours (List of official places – book of complaints)
When?The passenger must submit a written letter to the railway undertaking within 30 days from the recognition of the action in which the passenger considers that his rights have been infringed.
Deadline for dispute settlement procedureThe railway undertaking is obliged to submit a written reasoned decision on the complaints within 30 days from the date of receipt of the complaint, which should contain instructions on further action.
In justified cases, the railway undertaking may deliver a reasoned decision within a period of three months from the date of receipt of the complaint, with the obligation to inform the passenger in advance within 30 days from the date of receipt of the complaint.
STAGE II - PASSENGER COMPLAINT TO THE CONSUMER COMPLAINTS COMMISSION AT THE UNDERTAKING
When and to whom?The passenger, in case he is not satisfied with the decision of the railway undertaking, may file a complaint to the Railway Undertaking Commission within 30 days from the day of delivery of the written decision of the railway undertaking.
How?In writing to the address HŽ Putnički prijevoz d.o.o., Zagreb, Strojarska 11 with the indication "For the Commission for Railway Undertaking Consumer Complaints“.
Deadline for resolution!
The Commission for Railway Undertaking Consumer Complaints is obliged to deliver a written response to the passenger to the received complaint within 30 days from the day of receipt of the complaint.
STAGE III – PASSENGERS COMPLAINTS TO HAKOM
When and to whom?
In the event that the passenger is not satisfied with the decision of the Commission, he may submit a request to HAKOM within 30 days from the date of receipt of the written response of the Commission regarding the complaint.
A passenger who has not received a written response from the Commission has the right to submit a written complaint to HAKOM within 45 days from the date of submitting the complaint to the Commission.
- In writing to the address: Street of Roberta Frangeša Mihanovića 9, 10 110 Zagreb
- Electronically - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax. + 385 (0)1 700 70 70
The request should contain:
- Passenger information (passenger’s name and surname, address of residence)
- Subject matter of the request (short description and reasons why the passenger is not satisfied with the Committee's response)
- Copy of the complaint to the railway undertaking
- Copy of the railway undertaking's reply to the complaint
- Copy of the complaint to the Commission of the railway undertaking
- Copy of the Commission's reply
- Copy of other available documentation (e.g. transportation tickets …).
Deadline for dispute resolution!HAKOM brings the decision on passenger’s request as a rule without an oral hearing, as soon as possible, and no later than 60 days from the date of collecting the relevant data.
The railway undertaking shall act in accordance with the regulatory authority decisions.