The role of HAKOMHAKOM provides information and advice to users and helps them understand the conditions and ways of providing transport passenger services with a focus on the protection of passengers.
HAKOM resolves disputes between the passenger and the railway undertaking referring the complaints in order to protect its prescribed rights.
Competence of HAKOMHAKOM is responsible for resolving disputes between railway passengers and a railway undertaking if the passenger's complaint relates to the implementation of:
- Regulation (EC) No 1371/2007 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2007 on Rail Passengers' Rights and Obligations.
- Regulation and Protection of Passengers' Rights in Rail Transport (OG 104/17),
- General terms and conditions of the passenger transport contract
- Railway Act (OG 32/19)
- Regulations governing passenger rights
After the procedure for resolving complaints with the railway undertaking has been implemented, and based on the proposal of the Commission for the Protection of Users' Rights, HAKOM eventually brings the decision. The Commission for the Protection of Users' Rights is an advisory body active in HAKOM, which includes representatives of the Consumer Association. The decision of HAKOM is binding on the passenger and railway undertaking, and it is possible to initiate an administrative dispute against the decision.
- Instructions - How to appeal to the railway undertaking?
- Brochure - Rights and obligations in the railway passenger transport, 2021
- Brochure - rights and obligations of passengers in railway passenger traffic
- Consultation - Rail passenger transport
- Consultation - Rail freight transport