Operators and service providers must enable users to keep the same number and prefix, regardless of the network they go to.
Process of Number PortabilityThe subscriber, who wants to port the number, applies for a number porting to the operator he would like to switch to , together with a request to establish a subscriber relationship or to open a user record (mobile network). Before applying for a transfer of a number to another operator, the user must settle the debts for the electronic communications services performed in the provider's network, except in the event of a dispute with the account before the competent institutions.
The user is obliged to pay the electronic communications services to the service provider until the moment the number will switched to the recipient network.
The operator to whom the user is transferring is obliged to inform the user in due time about the number portability procedure.
The procedure of number porting in a fixed electronic communications network may not exceed 5 working days from the date the provider received the request, or 3 working days, unless it is in the interest of the end user or where the user has indicated in the application the desired date for the transfer of a number exceeding 5 working days or in cases where the deadline for the transfer of a number has to be harmonized with the activation of services/e at wholesale level. The number provider shall reply to the recipient of the number within 3 working days from the day of receipt of the request whether all the preconditions laid down in the Ordinance on Number Portability have been met, regardless of whether the application was accepted, postponed or rejected.
The procedure for porting the number in a mobile electronic communications network may not exceed 3 working days from the date the number provider receives the request for the number transfer , unless this is in the interest of the end-user, or where the desired date for the transfer of a number exceeding 3 working days is indicated in the application. Within 1 working day from the day of receipt of the request for the number transfer, the number provider shall verify the portability of the number and notify the number recipient via CABP of the acceptance, rejection or postponement of the deadline for the realization of the number transfer. Where a request for the transfer of a number is accepted, the number provider may exceptionally, not later than 24 hours before the start of the time-frame for the transfer of the number, refuse the transfer of the number in the event that it identifies abuses of electronic communications services which limit the use of electronic communications services by the end user.
In the event that the requested number cannot be transferred or there will be delays in the transfer of the requested number, the numbering provider shall inform the number recipient in writing or electronically of the reasons for the inability or delay in the transfer of the number (referring to the existing request), within a maximum of three working days from the date of receipt of the request. In the event of a delay in the number transfer, the numbering provider shall also inform the recipient of the number of the date after which it will be possible to carry out the procedure for the number transfer
The reasons for the inability to transfer a number may be in the following cases:
• number porting request has been executed in an inappropriate manner
• existence of unfulfilled contractual obligations of the end-user towards the number provider at the moment of receipt of the request for number porting (e.g. existence of outstanding debts or other contractual obligations of the beneficiary from the subscriber relationship with the number provider) and then the transfer is delayed;
• in case the requested number has already been in the process of transfer (in case of an earlier submitted request for porting the same number
•In case the subscription number, with regards to the requested transfer, has temporarily or permanently been excluded from the electronic communications network of the number provider
• in case the number porting request does not apply to all numbers within the VPN group service, ISDN series of the same port,
• if the requested date of number transfer is shorter than 5 days for the fixed electronic communications network, or 3 days for the mobile electronic communication network,
• in case the requested date of number transfer is exceeding 60 days from the date of submission of the request for number transfer in the fixed electronic communications network, i.e. more than 21 days from the date of submission of number transfer in the mobile electronic communications network;
• in case the pre-paid user loses the right to use the number (SIM deactivated) or the pre-paid user did not receive the first call (SIM inactive) or if the donor determines that the SIM card serial number does not correspond to the PUK number,
• technical inability to realize the wholesale broadband request or the unbundled access service to a local loop if the number recipient requests a number portability service simultaneously with the request for these services;
• in case the subscription number with regards to FGSM numbering transfer is requested and the recipient of the number cannot technically make use of it;
• withdrawal of the request for wholesale broadband or unbundled local loop access services if the number recipient requests a number portability service simultaneously with the request for the following services;
•in case the subscribed number with regards to the requested transfer does not refer to the name of the applicant for number transfer
Until the number porting service has been activated, the numbering provider must allow the user to use the telecommunications services that are the subject of the number transfer.
The immobile network operator shall not be required to notify the caller of the transferred number prior to establishing the call to the transferred number. For the purpose of public informing users, the operator shall, by means of its own web portal or other means of public publication, inform its users about the numbers transferred to another network.
Upon the end user’s request, the mobile network operator shall, before establishing the call to the transferred number, notify the caller of the transferred number in the form of a voice message on the mobile electronic communications network to which the number to call is transferred. At the request of the caller user, he operator may, opt out of this notification service. The service of including and excluding notifications shall be free of charge.
Additional services that the user had contracted with the number transferred are not automatically transferred, but can be contracted by the applicant for the transfer of the number with the recipient of the number, in accordance with his offer of services and the general terms and conditions of business.
Where, in addition to the number transfer, the end user would like to contract additional services to be contracted at wholesale level by the recipient of the number, he is obliged to indicate on the request for the number transfer that the number transfer is related to the wholesale service. In this case, the recipient and the numbering provider are obliged to comply with the procedures and deadlines prescribed by the corresponding standard tender for the requested service and must enable simultaneous activation of all services requested by the user. In the described situation, all services must be activated simultaneously and a number transfer cannot be delayed. In the event of a delay in the number transfer for other justified reasons, the activation of wholesale services must also be postponed for the same time limit in order to activate all services simultaneously. In the event of a refusal to transfer a number, the activation of services at wholesale level must also be refused.
You can contact us by phone from 09:00 - 11:30 by dialing: 01/700 70 60